Improves your English Through Music
Below is a picture when the activity is been done in the intermediate level.
As the video begins to play, the lyrics surface up. The students need to re-write the original lyrics as the words will be left out as they are sung. The song will repeat the same line of lyrics until the students are able to fill in all the missing words. However, students need to fill in as fast as possible as Lyrics Training will keep track of the time spent in completing the whole song. In other words, this activity may not only serve as a webpage to teach English, it too can be a competition for students to achieve the highest score for playing the game. And this may increase the motivation and interest of the students to learn English through music.
Level and Age of Students
- It's lots of fun.
- Increase the interest and motivation of the students to learn.
- Learning new vocabulary
- Promote autonomous learning
- Students are required to use different skills, such as listening and cognitive skills.
- Spelling training
- Teachers able to monitor students in doing the activity.
- Schools need to provide internet connection and also computers, which may prove as a nuisance to rural schools.
- Speakers of the computer need to be fully functional as students get the answers through listening skills.
- Students may not learn important part of acquiring English such as grammar and sentence structure.